BSA Dumon Partners is pleased to welcome Ambroise Liard, former Secretary of the Conference (“Secretaire de la Conference”), as the new partner in charge of the Litigation Department.
Ambroise was sworn in 2001 and started his lawyer’s career at Bredin Prat, before specializing in business litigation at Denton Wilde Sapte and Sarrau Thomas Couderc.
As Conference Secretary for the legal year 2006, he undertook to defend clients in files relating to criminal law (offences against the person, terrorism) and delinquency.
In 2008, he joined the criminal division of the French Financial Markets Authority (“l’Autorité des Marchés Financiers” (AMF)) initially as an investigator (market abuse investigations – insider information, financial information, market manipulation – and breaches of rules of proper conduct, organization and professional obligations) and then, from 2010 until 2012, he acted as a prosecutor before the Sanctions Commission in his capacity as Representative of the College.
With tripartite experience in consultancy work, civil and criminal litigation, Ambroise provides a strategic approach to disputes.
- Risk Prevention
- Optimizing contracts: incorporating clauses to reduce the risks of or dissuade litigation (mediation and or conciliation, geographic localization, jurisdiction clauses – courts, institutional arbitration or ad hoc dispute resolution – limitation of liability clauses, penalty clauses, reservation of title clauses);
- Compliance: efficient internal supervision, professional ethics, protection of directors, information from company bodies;
- Raising awareness within the business of legal risks, developing reflexes for gathering evidence relating to the negotiation and performance of contracts;
- Post-acquisition supervision: guarantees for assets and liabilities, non-competition clauses;
Preparing for police custody, interviews and interrogations.
- Business litigation;
- Organization of emergency measures: findings, attachments, summary expert appointment court applications, summary evidential court applications, summary provisional payment court applications;
- Civil and commercial disputes: contractual performance, contractual liability, termination of contractual relationships, economic regulation (advertising, general conditions of sale and purchase, unfair competition…);
- Officers and Directors Liability;
- Shareholder disputes;
- Post-acquisition disputes;
- Professional liability: intermediaries and financial establishments, investment advisers, wealth management advisers, auditors, chartered accountants;
- Banking and financial litigation combining the experience of all partners within the firm.
- Criminal litigation;
- Ambroise’s experience as a lawyer with the French Financial Markets Authority (“l’Autorité des Marchés Financiers” (AMF)) gives him a comparative advantage when participating in all stages of proceedings relating to criminal business law and administrative breaches regarding supervisory authorities and regulators (AMF, ACP, CNIL…).
Ambroise has post-graduate diplomas from Sciences Po Paris (I.E.P., Public Service, 1995) and H.E.C. (1998) and holds a master’s degree in Business law from the University of Paris I – Panthéon Sorbonne and a post-graduate degree in International Economic Law (1999) from the University of Paris II – Panthéon Assas.
Bastien Moraga, Partner of the Paris Office says: “The arrival of Ambroise allows us to usefully complement the needs of our multinational clients and entrepreneurs who need an unrivalled technician in litigation such as Ambroise, but also a lawyer with an established financial and market culture.”
For Bertrand Dumon: “The arrival of Ambroise is a very good news for the Paris office which can now meet the great needs of our domestic and international client with the addition of a litigation practice to its established corporate, contract and employment law team.”
Ambroise Liard concludes: “I am very happy to join an entrepreneurial and international team that shares at the same time the same quality requirement as me for legal service”.
For more information: see www.bsadp.com