The energy sector in the Middle East is changing. As global energy transition leads to a broader mix of energy sources, many of the regional oil players are initiating projects to diversify their portfolios into – amongst other things – solar and gas.
Whether you’re an overseas entity looking to invest in the region’s abundant energy resources or an established energy company looking to diversify, downsize or expand your operations in the Middle East, we can help you navigate the changing conditions in this heavily regulated area of law.
Our Middle East Energy team has worked on some of the region’s most prominent energy deals. With XX lawyers based in offices across Dubai, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Lebanon, Iraq, we can use our experience to help you assess both local and international legal considerations and help structure complex, challenging or cross-border projects and transactions.
We can also help you settle contractual disputes as and when they arise. With a strong track record in both local and international courts, we can guide you through any litigation or arbitration process and ensure your interests are protected at all times during any dispute.
Our lawyer’s expertise in this sector includes:
• Contractual disputes
• Commercial agency disputes
• Commercial agreements regarding energy take off agreements / sale commission
• Environmental issues
• Funding and finance agreements
• Intellectual property
• Litigation and arbitration
• M&A, divestitures and joint ventures
• Negotiation of government contracts
• Project design, development and operations
• Regulatory issues
• Tender submissions to government projects
• Tax structuring
Creating successful tender submissions in the energy sector
Our Energy team specialises in creating successful tender submissions on government projects. From preparation through to the award and post-award stages of the application, we can guide you through every aspect of the legal and regulatory processes required for your bid to be successful. Our advice covers:
• Legal due diligence on the tendered project
• Preparation of tender files and proposals
• Developing bid strategies
• Attending to and representation during tenders
• Negotiating, reviewing and drafting contracts
• Advising on post-award stages
• Filing and pursuing bid protests and related lawsuits
Head of Spanish and Latin American Desk