We offer the full range of legal and business services for our energy and engineering clients – our energy lawyers have worked on a variety of oil and gas law and renewable energy law matters within the UAE, Sultanate of Oman, Iraq and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, handling matters including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, unitization, project design, development and operations, financings, investments, environmental and regulatory matters, litigation, arbitration, intellectual property matters, and tax structuring.
BSA is frequently called upon to analyze and assess international and local law considerations and help structure and document complex, challenging or novel cross-border transactions and projects, as well as defend the interests of clients involved in these matters should a dispute arise.
While the energy sector is highly regulated in the Gulf region, our lawyers are highly experienced in dealing with the regulators, ensuring swift resolution on pending regulatory issues.
Our lawyer’s expertise in this sector includes:
- Contractual disputes
- Commercial agency disputes
- Commercial agreements regarding oil & gas take-off agreements/sale commission
- Funding and finance agreements
- Litigation matters
- Negotiation of government contracts
- Regulatory issues
- Tender submissions to government projects
The team advises on how to practically and elegantly securing and performing energy and infrastructure projects by its familiarity with the sectors in which our clients operate, the legal and regulatory environments, and our deep knowledge of local law and practice.
We offer comprehensive legal advice and representation in all the different forms of tender procedures, from the preparation stage through to award and post-award stages.
The main legal services offered on tender law can be summarized as follows:
- Legal due diligence on the tendered project
- Preparation of tender files and proposals
- Developing bid strategies
- Attending to and representation during tenders
- Negotiating, reviewing and drafting contracts
- Advising on post-award stages
- Filing and pursuing bid protests and related lawsuits
Head of Spanish and Latin American Desk