Speaker at the Emirates Insurance Authority Seminar.
Topic: The Direction of Insurance Regulation in the UAE and the Anticipated Challenges
Speaker: Irshied Tayeb
Our session foccussed on current and future regulatory challenges in MENA: UAE Focus. To view full presentation CLICK HERE.
Other topics covered in the seminar included:
• The status of regulation in the UAE including:
• The Insurance Brokers regulations – the amendments to the regulations and the issues to be resolved
• The Anti-Money laundering regulations – insurer’s obligations and best practice
• The draft prudential regulations
• The direction of insurance regulation in the UAE and the anticipated challenges
• The impact for local cedants of international developments in reinsurance law in 2013
• The emergence of the DIFC courts as a hub for reinsurance disputes